Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Ten High

As you may have noticed in my credentials post, I drink an ass load of Ten High. This isn't because I think it is a good bourbon, but rather because it's really cheap and still has a "whiskey" flavor. If I were to just rate taste alone Ten High would be one of the worst on my list. Right above Old Overholt and Five Star. However, once price is factored in I don't think there is a more economical option than Ten High. Depending on where you buy it you can usually pick up a handle(1.75 liters) for $16. Compared to the $20-$30 you usually pay for 750ml of other bourbons, this deal is fantastic. I personally drink mine straight, but I wouldn't recommend this to people who only like good whiskeys. It would be perfect with coke and if you have friends that are constantly mooching off of your nice whiskey just to pour it into a soda, I would suggest buying some Ten High to give them instead. They won't notice the difference and it will save you some money. The reason I am so attached to this whiskey is probably because I have been drinking it for so long. I have been guzzling down handles of this stuff for as long as I have been drinking, and throughout this time it has proven to be a nice cheap whiskey with no massive hangovers. If you need a cheap bourbon that will taste mediocre and not give you a hangover, Ten High is the whiskey for you.

16 comments:

  1. as i know nothing about borbon this is a v useful recommendation. thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to give it a sip sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. my dad and uncle are huge whiskey drinkers... they've been drinking this fancy shit called Jura lately

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, thats a single malt scotch. I little expensive for my day to day drinking, but when I do get my hands on some I'll be sure to review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I've had bourbon with coke or something but no idea what it tastes like.

    The best value in the kind of whisky I prefer (peaty single malts) is Bowmore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not really much of a mixer myself.
    supportin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thats what im all about, cheap stuff for the win.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gonna spend some time with ten high tonight

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just checked it out and it's not even available in my region! Awww

    ReplyDelete
  10. i would concur, cost vs. taste, Ten High is a win. And who am I to be a booze snob, I just polished off a FourLoko. I am unemployed, so that is a factor...

    ReplyDelete
  11. How terrible is Jim beams 8 star in your opinion? I was forced to resort to her the other night..that bitch.


    Church

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have actually never had it. They only have the Jim Beam regular selection out here. Which is the Jim Beam, the Jim Beam rye and it's regular upgraded series, I forget what it's called, probably Jim Beam Black Label. I'm actually drinking the rye now and it's pretty good. Much better than Old Overholt rye.

    ReplyDelete